Sheriff Fontoura Recommends Bicycle Safety Tips
- Ride a bike that is the right size for you.
- Check that the wheels aren’t loose and your brakes work BEFORE each ride.
- When exiting a driveway, STOP, LOOK BOTH WAYS and exit when there is no traffic.
- Ride on the RIGHT with the flow of traffic.
- Stop at all STOP signs and all traffic lights.
- Do NOT ride in the wrong direction on one-way streets.
- Use proper hand signals to indicate turns.
- Ride single file.
- Give the RIGHT OF WAY to pedestrians.
- Carry NO PASSENGERS (except approved baby seats).
- ALWAYS wear your bicycle helmet when riding.
- ALWAYS wear clothing with reflective tape when riding after sundown.