1. If I want to report something that is not an emergency, do I call 911 or another number?

Call 911 for anything that related to an emergency such as:

  • Crime occurring now
  • Car crash
  • Drunk driver
  • Anything you believe to be a danger to you or others

Call 973-621-4111 for non-emergencies such as:

  • Past offenses
  • Traffic concerns
  • Other non-urgent requests for service