10. Can I file a police report over the phone or does a Sheriff’s officer have to come to my house?

For non-emergencies, you may file a report over the phone. If the complaint is about the Sheriff’s Office or an incident that occurred on county property, the Sheriff’s Office will take the report. Depending on the case, we will either send a patrol car or the complainant can come to the courthouse or the Patrol Division (located at 115 Clinton Avenue, Newark) to file the report.